The Maine Department of Education’s social studies specialist, Kristie Littlefield, will conduct a series of webinars on the Common Core State Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies, designed specifically for social studies teachers.
The first session takes place May 16 at 3:30 p.m. and will provide an introduction and overview of the structure of Common Core standards with a focus on implications for grades 6-12 social studies instruction.
Dates and topics for additional webinars will be announced soon. All webinars will be recorded and available for later viewing on the Maine DOE’s Social Studies site.
To join the meeting
- Go online to http://stateofmaine.adobeconnect.com/pk20151612a/.
- Select “Enter as a Guest” and type your name in the corresponding field.
- To listen and speak during the meeting, you will need to be connected by telephone:
- The meeting can call you at a phone number you provide at login; or
- You can dial directly into the meeting: 1-866-910-4857, Passcode 140893. (Use this second option when joining the meeting from sites where your phone can only be reached through a switchboard.)