The Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Office of Strategic Initiatives, Partnerships and Outreach is offering the public free, weekly webinars on the Summer Food Service Program. These webinars will review SFSP participation requirements, cover resources and available tools, and highlight successful programs and outreach practices from around the country. At the end of each webinar, FNS program experts will answer listeners’ questions. Listeners should contact the Maine DOE if they have additional questions.
Please note, all sessions will take place from 2 to 3 pm., EST.
- Friday, March 8 – Summer Food Service Program and Seamless Summer: Getting State-Elected Officials (Governors, State Legislatures, etc.) Involved
- Wednesday, March 13 – Summer Food Service Program – Alimenta a los Niños en el Verano (en español)
- Wednesday, March 20 – Already a CACFP at-risk center? Find out how you can serve meals in the summer.
- Wednesday, March 27 - Summer Food Service Program and Seamless Summer: Getting Local Elected Officials (Mayors, School Boards, County and City Representatives, etc.) Involved
- Wednesday, April 3 - Addressing the Summer Food Transportation Challenge (Trouble getting children and/or meals to your site? Then join us to learn how some organizations have overcome these issues.)
Please listen to any sessions that interest you, and share this information with sponsors, partners, and advocacy groups as you see fit. The webinars will be recorded and made available on the FNS website.