Maine Youth Action Network would like to recognize the incredible efforts underway by young people and those who support them to make a positive impact in communities across Maine. If you know a young person, adult, group or organization that has demonstrated or supported strong youth leadership and engagement, consider nominating them for the annual MYAN ImpACT Awards.
Through the ImpACT Awards, MYAN recognizes and celebrates youth leadership and the support systems that empower youth. These awards are all about finding and showcasing youth and adults who are making a positive impact—on each other, their communities, and their worlds. We hope this program will encourage and inspire others to partner for positive change, too.
MYAN welcomes nominations in the following five categories:
- Youth Leadership, for a young person in Maine age 12 to 18 who has demonstrated strong leadership and/or used their voice to make an impact on an issue that affects youth across Maine.
- Empowering Adult, for an adult in Maine who has gone above and beyond to engage and empower youth age 12 to 18 in their community and who has supported youth to find their voice and/or make an impact in their community.
- Group Achievement, for a school- or community-based group in Maine that exemplifies youth-adult partnership and has creatively made a measurable difference on an issue of importance in their community or the state as a whole. Groups must include youth in the 12 to 18 age range.
- Empowering Organization, for an organization, school or business that exemplifies systematic engagement of youth ages 12 to 18 in decision-making and planning.
- Partnership for a Tobacco-Free Maine’s Anti-Tobacco Youth Leader of the Year and the Anti-Tobacco Adult Advisor of the Year Award, for a young person and advisor who have been outstanding leaders in an Anti-Tobacco Project.
Nominations can be submitted by youth or adults, and people can nominate themselves.You can nominate more than one person. Please submit your nomination by Oct. 25, 2013. Members of the current year of MYAN’s Youth Leaders Alliance Program MYLA are not eligible to win. However, graduated members are eligible.
Winners will be announced mid-November at MYAN’s Maine Youth Leadership Summit.