The Maine Department of Education has posted the Department’s Annual Regulatory Agenda 2012-13 to provide the information to possible interested parties.
Provisions of Title 5, MRSA, Section 8060 require that state agencies include the following information in regulatory agendas:
- A list of rules that the agency expects to propose prior to the next regulatory agenda;
- The statutory basis for adoption;
- The purpose of the rule;
- The schedule for adoption;
- A list of benefited and regulated parties;
- A list of all emergency rules adopted since the last agenda; and
- Whether consensus-based rule development will be employed.
Information on all state agency rules, including the annual regulatory agenda, may be found at http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/index.html.