The Maine Charter School Commission consists of seven members appointed by the Maine State Board of Education. The Commission has begun a search to fill a vacancy for the unexpired term May 2016 – June 2018. Upon successful completion of the term, the member will be eligible to seek his/her own three year term.
The Maine State Charter School Commission’s mission is to provide thoughtful stewardship in authorizing and monitoring public charter schools consistent with State statutes to create unique, high-quality learning options for Maine students.
The Commission seeks candidates, who share in this mission. The Commission is particularly looking for a new member who has the following qualities:
- The willingness and availability to be a hands-on, working Commission member;
- A commitment to attend Commission meetings in Augusta (i.e.: 1-day per month for the Commission’s regular business meeting; Monitoring Process, RFP Development, RFP-Application Reviews, Public Interviews and Public Hearings, Site Visits, and Working with the Legislature);
- Availability to work with staff in Augusta with the development of related documents;
- Experience in a non-Charter Public School;
- Experience in diverse professional settings.
Persons interested in serving on the Commission should mail or hand deliver a letter of interest and a current resume to:
Maine Charter School Commission
182 State House Station
Augusta ME 04333-0182
Located at 111 Sewall Street 5th floor, Augusta.
In the letter, applicants should describe how their experience and strengths will match the need for the open position on the Maine Charter School Commission. The position will be filled once a suitable candidate is identified.
Read more about Maine’s Charter Schools and the Maine Charter School Commission.
For questions, contact Executive Director of the Maine State Charter Commission Bob Kautz at 592-8352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.