This release was updated on Thursday, Sept. 8
AUGUSTA — After a survey of members of the Commission to Reform Public Education Funding and Improve Student Performance in Maine, Commission Chair Bill Beardsley is announcing the meeting schedule through the end of the year. These meetings are open to the public.
This month’s meeting will be held at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 29 at York County Community College in Wells in the mid-café.
Subsequent meetings will take place on the following dates:
- Monday, September 26 at 9 a.m. – RSU # 17 Central Office, located at 232 Main Street in South Paris (directly across from the Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School) *Updated*
- Monday, October 17 in Lewiston at the Lewiston Regional Technical Center
- Monday, October 31, location yet to be determined
- Monday, November 28, location yet to be determined
- Monday, December 12, location yet to be determined
Agendas for all meetings will be made available in advance and documents relating to the Commission’s work can be found here, as they are made available.
The Commission to Reform Public Education Funding and Improve Student Performance in Maine was created by LD 1641 which added an additional $15 million in education funding for local schools. Based on its work, the Commission will submit a report to the Governor and the Legislature by January 10, 2017 that includes findings and recommendations for action to reform public education funding and improve student performance in the State.