Since January 2019, educators across the state of Maine have been participating in a blended learning experience designed to support schools as they integrate Digital Citizenship concepts into various student learning opportunities. In particular, participants learned how the Health Education and Physical Education Standards intersected with the Common Sense Media Framework, as well as opportunities to explore these concepts within other content areas.
Several educators asked questions about the process of designing a blended learning opportunity, so the Department will co-host a webinar where the team from Alludo Learning will discuss the pedagogy behind their design (including gamified learning, evidence-based learning, choice-based learning, and digital badging) and the Department will talk more about our process of designing this blended learning opportunity. Educators will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the presentation.
- Date: Thursday, May 9th from 3-4pm
- Registration and Connection Information
- Open to all educators
- Participants may earn up to one contact hour.
Additionally, the Department would like to celebrate the participation and success of educators who joined the #DigCit4ME Challenge. Educators and districts competed in the online game, and the results are in:
- First Place: RSU18
- Second Place: MSAD 17
- Third Place: Boothbay Region Schools
- Fourth Place: Falmouth Schools
- Fifth Place (tie): RSU 10 and Yarmouth School System
Educators: *There were some educators who would have placed with high scores, but we didn’t have permission to print their names!
- First place: Tim Hebda (Wayneflete School)
- Second place: Matthew Drewette-Card (MSAD 46)
- Third place: Maria Reinstein (RSU 10)
- Fourth place (tie): Kelly Fraser (MSAD 44) and Carisa Hammer (MSAD 17),
- Fifth place (tie): Allison Braley (RSU 25), Chris Kierstead (RSU 18), Ryan Palmer (MSAD 75), and Nick Shuman (York School Department)
Congratulations and thank you for everything you did to provide evidence of your learning!
For answers to questions or more information, please contact:
Digital Learning Specialist
Maine Department of Education