We are grateful to our school districts who are addressing the need for public preschool programming in their communities, and we are committed to fostering partnerships and increasing early intervention and educational opportunities for our youngest learners. As you are likely aware, all public preschool programs are required to complete the Public Preschool Annual Report. We have shortened the report for ease of use, and the Department of Education will refer to the data collected throughout the year to help inform policy, determine professional development needs, and provide follow up information or support.
The Public Preschool Annual report is now available and is due to the Department no later than close of business on July 31, 2019.
Before you start the survey, it will be useful to have the following information readily available:
- Information related to staff turnover
- Program operation:
- Number of hours per day
- Number of days per week
- Any major changes to the program, including, but not limited to:
- Successes/challenges experienced over the course of the year
- Student attendance-
- number economically disadvantaged
- number chronic absenteeism
- transient students
- Students identified for additional support:
- English Learners- screening process
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) information including but not limited to:
- IDEA eligibility identification
- no longer qualify
- Student growth in all learning domains
For further information or questions, please contact Nicole Madore at Nicole.email@example.com or 624-6677.