Who is invited? This professional learning opportunity is specifically designed for a team from K-8 schools consisting of:
- 1 principal/mathematics coordinator
- 1 classroom teacher/mathematics coach
- Strengthen your instructional leadership and supervision practices in mathematics
- Strengthen your pedagogical and content knowledge in mathematics
- Explore what it means to develop a stance of inquiry and ongoing learning about mathematics education
- Examine what it means to engage students in active learning
- Consider ways to develop a shared school vision of rigorous, accessible, and equitable mathematics teaching and learning
- Compare assessment practices and ways to use assessment to improve student learning
- Take away ideas and materials to use in your school and classrooms
What is our key goal? To provide you with experiences, information, and resources to guide you in key areas of school practice, leadership, and instructional strategies that have an impact on students’ mathematical learning.
What is our approach to professional development?
- Do the math: Use video and hands-on explorations delve into key elementary mathematics concepts using multiple approaches, including manipulatives and visual representations.
- Connect to research: Discuss readings that connect each topic to research and take away powerful research-based approaches, tools, and resources to use in your school and classrooms.
- Collaborate: Work together and share ideas with other K-8 teams.
- Leading change: Set goals and generate a plan for ongoing mathematics improvement for your school and classrooms.
Cost: $180.00 per team for all 3 sessions (includes continental breakfast, lunch, books, and materials for participants).
Contact hours: 24 hours
Registration: 8:00 am, Session 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
|Locations:||Dates (Must attend all):||Registration Links:|
|Keeley’s Banquet Center, Portland||11/5/19; 1/7/20; 3/24/20||Register for Portland Event|
|University of Maine, Farmington||11/6/19; 1/8/20; 3/25/20||Register for Farmington Event|
|Northeastland Hotel, Presque Isle||11/19/19; 1/21/20; 3/17/20||Register for Presque Isle Event|
|Jeff’s Catering, Brewer||11/20/19; 1/22/20; 3/18/20||Register for Brewer Event|
Space is Limited! Apply by October 18, 2019