Maine Curriculum Leaders Association is currently accepting nominations for 2020 Maine Curriculum Leader of the Year
Curriculum Leader of the Year Selection Criteria
- Has successfully served as a curriculum leader (designated curriculum director, assistant superintendent, or teacher leader) in public education for at least five years.
- Is an MCLA member at the time of nomination.
- Is a proven champion of curriculum, instruction, and assessment policies and practices that enhance learning both within and outside the district, who also: promotes and provides opportunities to learn and to share learning, and develops partnerships and networks with other districts and organizations to support learning.
Nominations Due April 30, 2020
Send a recommendation letter describing how the nominee is a champion of learning (criteria 3 above) both in and outside the district. Provide details about how the nominee’s curriculum, instruction, and assessment leadership impacts teachers and students in the district and the nominee’s leadership activities outside the district.
Please include email and phone contact information for you and your nominee. Send recommendation letters to: MCLA CLOY Selection Committee and email as a pdf or Google document to email@example.com
The CLOY Selection Process
- The selection committee includes previous curriculum leaders of the year and MCLA board members.
- April 30, 2020 Nominations close.
- April 30 –May 31 Selection Committee reviews nominations and invites nominees to complete a written interview if needed
- June 1 , 2020 The Curriculum Leader of the Year is announced
- July 1, 2020 The 2020 CLOY joins MCLA’s board of directors for a one-year term.
Submit recommendation letters by April 30, 2020 in pdf or Google Docs to firstname.lastname@example.org