Maine Curriculum Leaders Association (MCLA) Coaching Co-Op, a collaborative that provides a range of support and advocates for instructional coaches and learning communities across the state through networking and professional development, is currently accepting nominations for 2020 Maine Instructional Coach of the Year.
Instructional Coach of the Year Selection Criteria:
- Has successfully served as an instructional coach (working at least .5 time as a designated coach) in public education for at least two years.
- Is an MCLA Coaching Co-Op member at the time of nomination.
- Is a leader who promotes instructional quality through learner-centered coaching practices: modeling effective instructional practices, work with teachers to make evidence based decisions, actively works to promote coaching, encourages and promotes reflection for teaches
- Is a highly effective coach focused on collaboration and student growth.
Nominations Due April 30, 2020
Send MCLA’s ICOY selection committee a nomination letter answering the following questions to MCLA ICOY Selection Committee (please email as a pdf or Google document to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Describe the structure and organization of the nominee’s coaching program/practice and how it impacts student learning.
- Describe how the nominee contributes to your school/district’s culture of continuous improvement.
- Explain the nominee’s impact on the school/district community.
The ICOY Selection Process:
- April 30, 2020 Nominations close.
- April 26 –May 31 Selection Committee reviews nominations and invites nominees to provide additional references if needed.
- June 1, 2020 Instructional Coach of the Year is selected.
- July 1, 2020 The 2019 ICOY joins the CoOp Council for a one-year term and fulfills the following
– Hosts 2 Hot Topic Zoom Sessions during the 2020-2021 School Year
– Supports planning and facilitation of one MCLA Coaching CoOp event
Submit recommendation letters by April 30, 2020 in pdf or Google format to email@example.com