The Maine American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Maine Department of Education (DOE) and Maine Association of School Nurses (MASN) are collaborating to bring you best practices and current research on a variety of critical mental and physical health related topics facing adolescents. Recognizing that we are all supporting the needs of Maine children in different locations and ways we are bringing experts together to receive collaborative professional learning.
Hosted by: The Maine AAP, Department of Education and Maine Association of School Nurses
Intended audience: Those interested in the mental health of students (school nurses, medical providers, school counselors, social workers, and administrators)
Some topics covered:
- Identification and treatment of anxiety and depression in children and adults: How can we do better?
- Addressing the Complex Mental and Behavioral Health Needs of Maine Youth: The Key Role of Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma Informed Care
- Creating an Inclusive Environment for LGBTQ Youth
- Tools for Screening and Safety for Youth at Risk of Suicide
- Substance Use Disorder: Impact on Youth and Families
Date: August 16, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM – 3:15 PM
Location: The program is being held in the Talbot Hall/Bonney Auditorium at the University of Southern Maine, located at 92 Bedford Street in Portland.
For questions or additional information, please contact Emily Poland at firstname.lastname@example.org.