Educational Plant Maintenance Association of Maine (EPMA), a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the best practices of educational plant maintenance and custodial workmanship through education and training for school custodians, maintenance teams, and facilities directors, is currently accepting nominations for Maine School Maintenance Custodian of the Year A. Burleigh Oxton Award for Excellence.
The A. Burleigh Oxton Award for Excellence recipient will receive a personalized plaque and a $300.00 college scholarship that will be awarded in their name to a deserving student who is a graduate in their district.
Maine School Maintenance Custodian of the Year A. Burleign Oxton Award for Excellence Selection Criteria:
- Serves as a role model for students through actions of a dedicated employee who is known for going the extra mile to help students, staff, and visitors to the facility
- Demonstrates passion about maintaining and operating the local school building to ensure clean, safe, and healthy learning and working environment, and
- Demonstrates exemplary job performance,
Nominations are accepted from school administration, school staff, parents, students, and/or school groups.
Nominations Due Date June 5, 2020
Please send a nomination letter that:
- Describes why the nominee was chosen
- Explains outstanding performance that led to the nomination
- Tells a written or visual story about the nominee’s community contribution or activities
- Includes the name, address, and phone number of three references
The nomination must include: name, address, phone, and title of the nominee; name and address of the nominee’s supervisor; name and address of the School Administrative Unit; and name, address, telephone, and email of the person submitting the nomination. Send your nomination by email to Andrew Madura, President of EPMA, at firstname.lastname@example.org and please attach your nomination letter as a pdf.
The EPMA Selection Process
- June 5, 2020, nominations close at end of day
- June 6-11, EPMA Selection Committee reviews nominations and invites nominee to provide additional information
- June 12, Nominees will be notified about the status of their nomination
- June 14-July 17, the top 4 finalists will be contacted to schedule a conference call or virtual interview with the EPMA A. Burleigh Oxton Award Committee
During the fall of 2020, the recipient of Maine School Maintenance Custodian of the Year A. Burleigh Oxton Award for Excellence will be recognized at an award ceremony that will be coordinated by the recipient’s school and the EPMA A. Burleigh Oxton Award Committee.
Please contact Andrew Madura, President of EPMA, by telephone at 207-693-6467 if you have questions.