The National Science Teachers Association offers second- and third-year, middle and high school science teachers the opportunity to participate in the New Science Teacher Academy, a one-year professional development and mentoring program. Participants, known as “academy fellows,” enjoy top-notch face-to-face and online support to enhance teacher confidence, classroom excellence and content knowledge.
Applications are due August 24, 2012.
Benefits of becoming an academy fellow:
- Full membership in the National Science Teachers Association
- All expenses paid (accommodations, airfare, meals and registration fees) attendance to the NSTA National Conference on Science Education
- Access to facilitated, web-based curriculum devoted to content and classroom pedagogy
- Professional development web seminars conducted by leaders in science education
- E-mentoring from experts in the fellow’s science discipline and grade level
- Attendance at a professional development institute or a research dissemination