The National Science Teachers Association offers second- and third-year, middle and high school science teachers the opportunity to participate in the New Science Teacher Academy, a one-year professional development and mentoring program. Participants, known as “academy fellows,” enjoy top-notch face-to-face and online support to enhance teacher confidence, classroom excellence and content knowledge.
Applications are due August 24, 2012.
Benefits of becoming an academy fellow:
- Full membership in the National Science Teachers Association
- All expenses paid (accommodations, airfare, meals and registration fees) attendance to the NSTA National Conference on Science Education
- Access to facilitated, web-based curriculum devoted to content and classroom pedagogy
- Professional development web seminars conducted by leaders in science education
- E-mentoring from experts in the fellow’s science discipline and grade level
- Attendance at a professional development institute or a research dissemination
Resources and more information
- National Science Teachers Association
- Anita Bernhardt
Maine Department of Education
Science and Technology Content Specialist
One thought on “Science Teacher Academy now accepting applications”
Thanks so much for sharing information about this great program. NSTA mentors hundreds of new teachers each year, during their most challenging years of teaching, and they tell us it makes all the difference!