The Maine DOE introduces the first of three collections of articles for the 2015-16 school year in the “Content Corner,” resources designed to support teaching and learning in Maine classrooms and make connections to classroom applications and research.
This inaugural collection of articles focuses on instructional strategies to support educator understanding of effective practices in the content areas. The first installment includes:
- English Languages Arts/Literacy: Close reading: Developing deep understanding of texts
- Health and Physical Education: Inquiry Based Learning applied to health and physical education
- Mathematics: Effective teaching and learning in mathematics
- Science and Technology: Science instruction in three dimensions
- Social Studies: Social Studies DBQs: Not just for AP students
- Visual and Performing Arts: Integrating choice-based art
- World Language: Effectively using the NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do statements in world languages
These articles will identify educator audience by content area and the second installment will be released in in February and the third installment in April.
For questions about the “Content Corner,” contact Maine DOE Director of Standards and Instructional Support Anita Bernhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.