Tuesday, April 4, 2017
I am pleased to announce that the 106th Annual Commissioner’s Conference is open for registration. The conference is scheduled for June 26th – 27th at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center in Bar Harbor. Superintendents, school board members and other school or district level administrators are encouraged to register for the conference.
Developed in collaboration with the Maine School Superintendents Association, this year’s working agenda is attached below, highlights include:
- Keynote speaker Dr. Janet Zadina – internationally renowned speaker, consultant, author, and former high school and community college teacher best known for her extraordinary ability to inform, educate, and empower audiences with her scholarly and credible brain research and teachings
- Discussion and meeting topics including: Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Proficiency Based Education (PBE), teacher prep, certification, school finance, school construction, regionalization, and much more!
- student panel
- The Annual Awards & Recognition Banquet
- Register here »
$175 – Full 2-day conference fee (Monday through Tuesday).
$75 – 1-day conference fee (Monday or Tuesday).
Registration includes all sessions, meals and materials (new this year – pay by credit card or EFT at time of registration).
- Draft Conference Agenda (PDF, 224KB)
- Registration, Guest Meals and Lodging Information (PDF, 161KB)
- Commissioner’s Conference webpage – additional updated information including conference materials will be posted as they become available.
For more information about the conference, please contact Georgette Valliere at 624-6605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you, and working together on June 26-27 in Bar Harbor.
Robert G. Hasson, Jr., Ed.D.
Maine Department of Education