The Maine Department of Education will release the 2016-17 MEA results on Monday, September 25, 2017, within the Maine Assessment and Accountability Reporting System (MAARS) Public Portal
Users will be able to see both 2015-16 data and 2016-17 data in the content areas of: (1) mathematics; (2) English language arts (ELA)/literacy; and (3) science. In all content areas, the assessments have remained stable, and results can be compared across those two years. This is the first opportunity since 2013 to compare results over two years in mathematics and ELA/literacy.
Mathematics and ELA/literacy results are based on the following assessments:
- eMPowerME for most students in grades 3-8
- SAT for most students in 3rd year high school
- MSAA for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities in grades 3-8, and 3rd year high school
Science results are based on the following assessments:
- MEA Science for students in grades 5 and 8, and 3rd year high school
- PAAP for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities in grades 5 and 8, and 3rd year high school
MAARS Public Reports of assessment results are presented in two ways:
- QUICK REPORTS (default) show high level participation and performance data for schools, districts, and the state.
- INTERACTIVE REPORTS (click Interactive in the upper left corner) allow users to make specific comparisons across years, subgroups, selected schools or districts.