The following checklist is designed to assist districts with publicly funded students in completing required reporting. The dates listed after each report are when the report is open for entry and due for certification, if required.
The Synergy Student Information System is now open for the 2018-2019 school year. If you are a new user or, an existing user who needs changes to system access, please complete the system access form and return to the Maine DOE Helpdesk.
Please note, the first three uploads in Synergy must be done in order (State ID – only if needed, Student Enrollment and Student Personal). Manual entry will allow all three sections to be entered at once so the order is not as critical.
The following items are available. Please visit the Maine DOE Data Resources webpage for Synergy codes to be used for the items below and detailed instructions for entry.
☐ State ID Import – Caution! Please verify the student has not already been previously enrolled in the State of Maine at any time before using this. Duplicate student IDs create inaccurate data and are not always easy to resolve.
☐ Student Enrollment
☐ Student Personal
☐ Economic Status
☐ Special Education Services – Please remember to use the start date of the services even if this was in a previous year. Synergy will create a new line for each year the student received the services
☐ EL if applicable
☐ CTE schools and other concurrent schools may only enter their information after the primary school has done their enrollment information.
☐ Attendance, Truancy and Behavior as often as possible but at a minimum, quarterly for certification purposes
☐ Future dates are not permitted in the system.
☐ NEO Staff updated
Beginning of Year Reports and Certifications in DC&R
☐ Maine Schools and School Approvals due August 1. This report must be completed to enter staff information:
- Q4 Actual Balance Sheet – July 1 – August 25
- Q4 Actual Expenditure. July 1 – August 25
- Q4 Actual Revenue. July 1 – August 25
- Q1 Budget Expenditure –Due by 8/25/2018 or 30 days after the budget passes, whichever is later
- Graduation Reporting – August 17 – September 15
- Special Education Teachers, Paraprofessionals and Related Services Personnel (EF-S-05-PART 2) Coming Soon
- EFT 21, Transportation Safety and Training Report – July 1 – October 15
- EFT 24, Transportation Vehicle and Operations Report – July 1 – October 15
- EF-M-43 Out of District Special Education, Homeless and CTE transportation Data Report – July 1 – October 15
- Special Education Tuition & Board Report (EF-S-07) – September 1 – October 15
- Student Attendance Reporting – October 1 – October 15
- Behavior Reporting – October 1 – October 15
- Truancy Incident Report – October 1 – October 15
- Bullying Report – October 1 – October 15
- EPS Oct 1 Enrollment/Special Ed (EFS05) Reporting) – October 1 – October 14
- Internal Audit Report to the Commissioner – July 1 – November 1
- Town Financial Audits FY ending 6/30 – July 1 – December 30 – Please visit DC&R calendar for a link to your town’s specific report
- Finance and Compliance Audit – July 1 – December 30
Contacts and Questions
If you have questions about these reports, (i.e. what should be entered) please contact the specialist listed below:
- Accountability: Penny Henry 624-6855
- Attendance: Rick Bergeron 624-6840
- Audits/EF-S-07: Stephanie Clark 624-6807
- Behavior/Bullying/Restraint and Seclusion: Sarah Ricker 624-6685 or Meredith Backus 624-6865
- Maine Schools: Charlotte Ellis 624-6696
- School Approvals: Pam Ford-Taylor 624-6617
- Special Education: Brandi Giguere 624-6648
- Truancy: Gayle Erdheim 624-6637
- Financial Reports (actual expenditure and actual revenue): Tyler Backus 624-6635
- School Nurse Report: Meredith Backus 624-6865
If you have questions about accessing the reports, please call or email the helpdesk. 624-6896 or email@example.com
If you do not have credentials for Synergy or NEO – Access forms for Synergy and NEO if needed are located on the Maine DOE Data Resources webpage These forms must be signed by Superintendent and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.