CORRECTION: The item below has been corrected to show that appointments to both the Part C group and the Part B group will be made by the Governor.
The Maine Department of Education is seeking eligible, interested parents of students with disabilities, providers, programs administrators, private and public charter school representatives, and individuals with disabilities to serve on two advisory boards established under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
One group provides advice to the Department on the implementation of the IDEA program (Part C) that serves children with disabilities from birth to age three. The other provides advice on the implementation of the portion of the IDEA program (Part B) that serves children with disabilities from age three to 26. Members of both groups will be appointed by the Governor.
Appointments will be made over the summer, with meetings to begin in September. Responsibilities will likely include quarterly meetings in Augusta, though the use of technology will be an option if travel isn’t feasible.
The names of interested parties will be forwarded to the Governor’s office, which will conduct the vetting process they use for personal appointments to boards.
If you are interested in serving, please provide the information requested below to Susan Corrente at email@example.com by June 30, 2012.
Address (home mailing address and email address, if one is available)
Program and role for which you are eligible and applying (described below)
PART C: Eligible Parties
1. Parents, including minority parents, of infants or toddlers with disabilities or children with disabilities aged 12 years or younger, with knowledge of, or experience with, programs for infants and toddlers with disabilities.
2. Public or private providers of early intervention services.
PART B: Eligible Parties
1. Parents of children with disabilities (ages birth through 26).
2. Individuals with disabilities.
3. Administrators of programs for children with disabilities.
4. Representatives of private schools and public charter schools.
Part C – 1
Part C – 2
Part B – 1
Part B – 2
Part B – 3
Part B – 4
Please provide background information that describes your suitability and interest in the program and role selected; if you are a provider, program administrator or school representative, please provide the name of your program or school, your title and a description of your responsibilities.
County in which you live and/or work (if they are different, please indicate in which county you live and in which county you work)