As parts of its commitment to ensuring all students have access to great teachers and leaders, the Maine DOE has developed a resource that districts can use to self-assess their readiness to pilot their Performance Evaluation and Professional Growth (PEPG) systems in the 2015-16 school year. The Pilot Readiness Guide provides:
- The current implementation timeline
- Key system components that districts must and/or should pilot
- Indicators of readiness to pilot each component
- Relevant resources, with page and section references
- Questions that school administrative units might seek to answer during the pilot
- Guidance for Teacher Incentive Fund districts (TIF 3 and TIF 4)
- DEMO student learning and growth effectiveness rating scales
This guide is intended for local district use. It is not for reporting purposes. As a follow-up to this resource, in June, the Department will ask districts to confirm their intent to pilot by completing a short online survey. Details about this process will be provided with the release of the survey.
For more information or educator effectiveness related technical assistance, visit www.maine.gov/doe/effectiveness or contact Maine DOE Educator Effectiveness Coordinator Mary Paine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-6748.