The Maine Department of Education’s Help Desk staff is preparing for a summer training session and feedback is needed to ensure the training needs of Data Managers, Superintendents, CTE Directors, Tech Directors and others entering student data for the State Synergy System are addressed.
Please take a few moments to answer the following survey so we can better understand the training needs those entering student data for the State Synergy System.
For further information and questions, please contact the Data Help Desk at 207-624-6896 or email@example.com.
The Maine Department of Education will be supporting a cohort of public preschool & kindergarten teachers for the 2018-19 school year using Teaching Strategies Gold©, an online and authentic formative assessment tool that aligns to Maine’s Early Learning and Development Standards for PreK and Maine’s College and Career Ready Standards for kindergarten.
- Interested districts must have at least one PreK and one kindergarten teacher from the same school in order to participate, as well as principal involvement and support.
- Teachers will be required to attend one 2-day training in August 2018, held in Augusta, as well as two check-in webinars throughout the year and a 1-day training in March 2019.
Those interested in participating should complete and submit the survey below no later than end of business on Monday, April 30, 2018.
Due to the limited number of student portfolios that can be supported, this opportunity is available on a first come, first served basis – per the date and time on the submitted application. Once the cohort has been set, a Memoranda of Understanding will be sent to each participating district for signature. Notification via email will be sent to those districts that were not selected.
April conference call
To learn more, administrators and teachers are invited to join a conference call that will be scheduled during the beginning of April. If interested in joining the call, notify Nicole Madore by Friday, March 30, 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 624-6677.
Specific requirements of participation
- PK and K teachers, from the same school, attend a two-day training at the end of August 2018 (date TBD, looking at the week of August 20-24). The training will be held in Augusta.
- Principals must attend the first day of this training.
- PK and K teachers will attend a one day follow-up training in mid-March 2019 (date TBD, looking at March 15) in Augusta.
- PK and K teachers complete the online TSG assessment with their students and submit at summative checkpoints tentatively set for Oct. 29, 2018, Feb. 18, 2019 and June 3, 2019.
- PK and K teachers must participate in two webinars (one at the end of October 2018-before checkpoint 1, one at the end of January 2019-before checkpoint 2)
- Administrators, as appropriate and in consultation with Maine DOE, will remove/eliminate duplicate assessments required by kindergarten teachers.
The 2018-19 TSG online application for participants
(must be submitted no later than end of business on Monday, April 30, 2018)
More information on Teaching Strategies Gold
For further questions please contact Nicole Madore at Nicole.email@example.com or (207) 624-6677.
The Maine Department of Education will host a workshop regarding Equitable Shares for Private Schools. This workshop is designed as guidance and technical support for all ESEA Coordinators and Private School Officials that receive funds for equitable services across the state.
Participants will gain a better understanding of providing Equitable Services under ESSA through the following:
- ESEA Titles including Title I, Title II, Title III, and Title IV
- A review of Statute, Regulatory, and Non-Regulatory resources in providing Equitable Services
- A review of the Role of State Ombudsman
- A clear understanding of the consultation requirements under the law
- An understanding of the impact of transferability and equitable shares
- The process for disputes between public and non-public schools
- How allocations are derived for public and non-public schools
- Type and Delivery of Equitable Services
- Allowable costs for private schools in each title
When: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Time: 9:00 A.M.-12 Noon
Where: Capital Area Technical Center, 40 Pierce Drive, Augusta, Maine 04330
Who Should attend: Private Schools officials responsible for delivery of equitable services, ESEA Coordinators, Curriculum Coordinators, Principals, Assistant Superintendents, Superintendents.Why: Under ESSA the provision of equitable services has changed. It is critical that public and non-public schools work together to provide fair and equitable services to eligible students according to the law. This workshop will help guide your decision making as a school administrator and ensure responsible fiscal stewardship in federal funding for both public and non-public schools across the state.
Register by clicking on the link below:
Please register by no later than April 1, 2018. Space is limited.
For questions regarding this workshop or equitable services please contact Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reminder to District Assessment Coordinators, Test Coordinators providing assistance with the upcoming administration of the MEA alternate Assessment, MSAA are invited to attend a training this Friday, February 16 at 2:30pm. This webinar may be accessed online here.
This webinar will be recorded and posted on the Maine DOE MSAA website. Online training will also be available within the MSAA site March 5 – May 4, 2018.
For questions regarding this training, please contact Sue Nay at email@example.com.
The following professional development workshop scheduled for tomorrow, February 7, 2018 (tomorrow) has been cancelled due to the anticipated snow storm. Registrants are being notified directly by email. The morning eMPowerME session will continue as originally scheduled.
2018 SAT Assessment Workshop – Augusta
Date: February 7, 2018 –
Time: 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Event Type: Conference or Workshop
Content Area: Maine’s Comprehensive Assessment System
Presenter: Maine DOE/Measured Progress/eMetric
Description of Training:
Workshop designed to provide a detailed overview of the SAT administration as educators prepare for the April 10, 2018 administration of SAT School Day in Maine. Enhancements regarding College Board updates for 2017-18 include: students not required to supply a photo ID; discontinued use of SAT admission tickets; and changes to the student questionnaire (SDQ) process. In addition to reviewing key dates and deadlines, this session will provide a general overview of the College Board’s SSD process.
URL/Website for Additional Information:
Augusta Civic Center
76 Community Drive
Augusta, ME 04330
Program Producer/Provider Information:
Department of Education