Maine DOE is proud to offer Student Learning Objective (SLO) training to school administrative units (SAUs) to help support of the development of Performance Evaluation and Professional Growth (PEPG) systems. These regional trainings will be available in four locations throughout the state.
Student Learning Objectives are a part of the newly required PEPG systems for educators. During this pilot year, Maine DOE has partnered with the Northeast Comprehensive Center to offer training and support to effectively implement these important measures of student learning and growth.
SAU team members can expect the following takeaways:
- Research-based approaches to SLO implementation
- Turn-key activities to facilitate with your SAU
- Electronic resources to support districts in their SLO implementation
Expectations: This session will provide a comprehensive overview of SLOs for district leaders to take back to their districts. This is not a session where participants will craft a full SLO or develop assessments.
Audience: Teams from SAUs charged with leading and supporting SLO work as a part of PEPG systems as well as other key staff.
Content: Designed to be a robust introductory session for SAU teams, activities and resources will focus on the following topics:
- Understanding the research behind SLOs
- Analyzing what makes a quality SLO and an effective process
- Connecting SLOs to professional practice
- Tuesday, February 9, Fireside Inn & Suites, Portland
- Wednesday, February 10, University of Maine Farmington
- Thursday, February 11, University of Maine Presque Isle
- Thursday, February 11, Hancock County Technical Center, Ellsworth
*All sessions run from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Space is limited for each SAU so you are encouraged to bring a small team that could disseminate information back to district.
Register here: https://mainedoe.wufoo.com/forms/student-learning-objectives-slos/. For more information contact Maine DOE Educator Effectiveness Coordinator Chuck Lomonte at firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-6748.