The Maine Department of Education is pleased to conclude the 2015-16 “Content Corner” collection with this third release of instructionally-focused articles for Maine educators. The third collection of articles completes this year’s focus on effective practices that support student learning in the content areas.
The third collection includes:
- Early Childhood: Using calendars in preschool, why or why not?
- English Language Arts/Literacy: Close reading with text-dependent questions: conducting a text investigation
- Health Education and Physical Education: Feedback: A valuable teaching strategy for health education and physical education, part 2
- Mathematics: It’s all about the questioning!
- Science and Social Studies: Clear learning targets and feedback strengthen social studies and science learning
- Visual and Performing Arts: Individual assessment in the large group ensemble
- World Languages: Creating a discourse community in the world language classroom
For questions about the “Content Corner,” contact Director of Standards and Instructional Support Anita Bernhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.