From the Maine Department of Education
Major Capital School Construction application now available
Maine public schools invited to participate in new application cycle
Augusta – Maine public schools wishing to participate in the new application cycle for major capital construction projects can now download the application from the Maine Department of Education’s website.
The direct link to the application is: http://www.maine.gov/doe/facilities/documents/application2017-18.docx.
The application will be due to the Department by April 14, 2017.
A new application cycle enables Maine public schools to apply for state support in order to undertake a major renovation or addition project, or to build a new facility.
If a school applied during the last cycle in 2010-2011, they will need to reapply if they wish to be included in this application cycle.
The Department will review completed applications and create a “needs-based” initial priority list, to be followed by the creation of a final priority list and an approved projects list. The entire application and review process is expected to take about two years and is governed by Chapter 61 of Department of Education and State Board of Education joint rules.
Notices and Reporting Items
- Q1 Truancy Incident Reporting, due Oct. 28
- Local Entitlement Report of Final Expenditures for FY15, due Oct. 30
- Local Entitlement Year End Report for FY16, due Oct. 30
- Private School Oct 1 Enrollment Reporting (EF-M-13), due Oct. 31
- Report of Services to Students with Disabilities Part I (EF-S-05), due Oct. 31
- EPS October 1 Enrollment Reporting, due Oct. 31
- Report of Services to Students with Disabilities Part II (EF-S-05), due Oct. 31
- Staff Data Reporting 2016-17, due Oct. 31
- Graduation Reporting, due Oct. 31
- Q1 & Q2 Behavior Reporting, due Jan. 15
- Q1 & Q2 Bullying Reporting, due Jan. 15
- Q1 & Q2 Aggregate Daily Attendance (ADA) / Aggregate Daily Membership (ADM), due Jan. 15
More Notices | Administrative Letters | Reporting Calendar
News & Views
Skowhegan Area Middle School Reading Interventionist named Maine’s 2017 Teacher of the Year
On Thursday, Oct. 13, Maine State Board of Education Chair Martha Harris announced Tammy Ranger had been chosen as Maine’s 2017 Teacher of the Year. | More
Vicki Kimball Named CTE Teacher of the Year
On Oct. 7, during a statewide learning conference at Lewiston Regional Technical Center, Vicki Kimball was named Maine’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher of the Year. | More
Proposed changes to Chapter 115, “Certification, Authorization and Approval of Education Personnel”
On April 6, 2016 the Maine Department of Education received a letter from the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education which reflected the impact of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) on the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part B application. | More
Important Notice: Technical issues delay due date for quarterly review
A revision has been made to quarterly report review dates, which include truancy, behavior, bullying, and aggregate daily attendance and aggregate daily membership (ADA/ADM). | More
Annual School Bus Purchase Program opens November 1
The Maine Department of Education is accepting applications for new school buses through the annual School Bus Purchase Program. | More
More Dispatches | Press Releases | Priority Notices