The Maine Department of Education, Maine State Library, Project Login, and Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance are partnering to host Computer Science Day this summer. We’ll explore how computer science skills can be learned in formal and informal learning settings, and how those skills can be applied in current and future jobs in Maine. We hope to create more connections, partnerships, collaboration, and access to resources between educators, students, non-profits and businesses.
Participants can join presentations, hear from panelists from multiple industries, and visit booths with hands-on learning opportunities. Here are some of the organizations who will be presenting:
Apple, Microsoft, CashStar, Sphero Edu, Pi-Top, Thomas College, University of Southern Maine, University of Maine RiSE Center, Husson University, Wonder Workshop, Tyler Technologies… and many more!
- Date: Monday, August 13th from 9am – 4pm
- Location: Maine State House (Hall of Flags), Maine State Library (Atrium), and Various Committee Rooms in the Maine State House
- Attendees: Open to the public. Educators have the opportunity to earn up to 7 contact hours for attending.
- Cost: Free!
- Registration: Computer Science Day Registration Link
For continued updates visit the Computer Science Event page.
For more information or questions, contact any of the following event organizers:
- Amanda Nguyen, Maine Department of Education, Digital Learning Specialist (Amanda.Nguyen@maine.gov)
- Jamie Ritter, Maine State Library, Maine State Librarian, (James.Ritter@maine.gov)
- Jason Judd, Educate Maine, Program Director, Project>Login (email@example.com)
- Ruth Kermish-Allen, Executive Director, Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance (firstname.lastname@example.org)