Bucksport Middle School is proud to host a Maine Department of Education Learning Design Lab on Wednesday, June 5th, 2019. The Learning Design Lab will focus on technologies used for project-based learning. Participants will learn from students and teachers in four different classes, spanning grades 5-8.
- The school’s Digital Media Club will share how they have created a digital newspaper, video announcements, and event recordings;
- The Gifted and Talented Art program will model ways iPhoto can be used for photo manipulation;
- 7th grade social studies students will show how they are using several technologies for their Greek mythology project; and
- Several 5th & 6th graders will introduce participants to their TinkerCAD projects that were used to create bubble wands and boats with 3D printers.
After visiting classrooms, educators will have time to debrief the experience with lead teachers and to be supported as they plan ways to bring what they’ve learned back to their schools. Bucksport Middle School students and teachers are looking forward to leading a day of learning, as well as an afternoon work session where they and participants can develop new ideas together!
- Date: Wednesday, June 5th, 2019
- Time: 8:30am – 2pm (arrival begins at 8:00am with light refreshments)
- Location: 100 Miles Lane, Bucksport, ME 04416
- Open to all Maine educators who have completed the fingerprinting and background check process through the Maine DOE as part of your employment in your local district.
- Free to attend
- Contact Hours: Educators can earn 5.5 contact hours
- Registration (please complete by Thursday, May 30th at 5pm):
8:00am: Arrival (light refreshments will be provided)
8:30am: Welcome and Introductions
9:00am: Student-led presentations
–Digital Media Club (Grades 5-8)
–Digital Photo Manipulation (Grades 7-8)
10:15am: Student-led presentations
–Greek Mythology Project (Grade 7)
-3D Printing (Grades 5-6)
11:15am: Lunch (will be provided)
11:45am: Conversations with lead educators
12:45pm: Supported planning time
1:45pm: Closing and Reflections
For answers to questions or more information, please contact: Amanda Nguyen, Digital Learning Specialist at Amanda.Nguyen@maine.gov