The Maine Department Of Education’s Early Learning Team is excited to offer a summer professional learning series focused around the newly released Pre-K Guidebook. This resource was designed to support expansion of high-quality and inclusive public Pre-K in Maine.
The Public Pre-K Guidebook describes high-quality pre-k programming, provides guidance for developing and implementing inclusive public pre-k programs that align with state requirements, and offers links to a wide variety of useful tools. Beginning June 16th, this learning series will meet weekly from 9-10 am over the course of seven weeks. Each virtual meeting will focus on specific sections of the Guidebook and is designed for administrators and educators.
Topics to be covered include:
- June 16- Program Structure
- June 23- Inclusive Student Support
- June 30- Collaborations and Partnerships
- July 7- Preschool Budgets
- July 14- Family Engagement
- July 21- Transition to Preschool and Kindergarten
- July 28- Technical Assistance
Participants are encouraged to pre-register for this series.