The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and its Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center will host a Webinar on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET. This Webinar will explore the role of school facility managers in supporting school safety efforts, including school emergency operations plan (EOP) development.
Time: 12:00 p.m. ET
Find objectives for the 60-minute Webinar below
- Highlight the importance of establishing a collaborative EOP planning team, as outlined in Step 1 of the six-step planning process detailed in the Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans;
- Discuss the role that school facility managers at the school level play in implementing the National Preparedness System mission areas before, during, and after a potential emergency; and
- Reinforce how school facility managers can enhance EOP development and serve as key stewards in the efforts around site assessments, physical and structural recovery, and planning for technological hazards involving chemicals and hazardous materials.
California Department of Education, School Facilities and Transportation Division
- Juan Mirales, Director
Oregon Department of Education, Office of Finance and Information Technology
- Michael Elliott, School Facilities Program Manager
REMS TA Center
- Alison Curtis, Director of Information & Product Management
Questions About the Event?
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or email@example.com from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.