Registration is open for “Schools, Technology and the Law” seminar hosted by Drummond Woodsum at the Augusta Civic Center on Nov. 14.
In this seminar, experts who work on a daily basis to help schools meet these challenges will provide practical guidance regarding the latest legal development and best practices concerning technology in the schools.
Topics during this presentation will include:
- Students, staff and the use of social media
- The use and abuse of personal electronic devices
- Accessibility and the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Record retention in the digital age
- Third party service providers, confidentiality and the cloud
- Copying and licensing
- The policies and procedures every district needs – updated samples will be provided
This seminar will be useful for superintendents, principals, tech directors, technology educators, board members and anyone else having an interest in school technology issues.
The registration fee is $199 per person ($179 for three or more from the same school unit) and can be completed at www.schoollaw.com. For more information, contact Jenn Beckler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-727-1941.