Twenty-one student artists will have an audience of more than 70,000 students and educators for their artwork starting this fall.
More than 120 Maine students submitted images to be considered for the Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI) Screensaver Challenge. An independent panel of three judges used a rubric to score each image and select the winners.
The winning student artists will have their work showcased on MLTI devices for the 2015-16 school year. They will also have their registration fees waived for the 2015 MLTI Student Conference and their winning pieces displayed at the Augusta offices of the Maine DOE.
The selected students are listed below. Their artwork is available for viewing here.
- Carlyn Davis, Kennebunk High School, Grade 9, “In A “Perfect” World”
- Jake Wilson, Bangor High School, Grade 12, “Marker Family”
- Jamie Bayha, Middle School of the Kennebunks, Grade 7, “Fire”
- Lyndsey Cross, Bangor High School, Grade 12, “Studio”
- Sherwin Yuen, Bangor High School, Grade 10, “Hallway”
- Will Blastos, Kennebunk High School, Grade 9, “An Eye for an Eye”
- Aylen Wolf, George Stevens Academy, Grade 11, “Aperture”
- Brooke Wentworth, George Stevens Academy, Grade 11, “Sound Waves”
- Claire Ciampa, George Stevens Academy, Grade 12, “Eagle Lake”
- Katama Murray, George Stevens Academy, Grade 12, “Mischief”
- Elizaveta Maslak, Maine School of Math & Science, Grade 11, “Cherry Blossom”
- Ella Glatter, Houlton High School, Grade 12, “Collisions of the Universe”
- Elona Bodwell, Middle School of the Kennebunks, Grade 7, “Car Top”
- Max Cornman, Mount Desert Island High School, Grade 10, “Open Oval”
- Michael Smith, United Technologies Center, Grade 11, “Wake Up”
- Amber Hulstrunk, Houlton High School, Grade 12, “Simplicity”
- Dylan Crockett, Houlton High School, Grade 9, “Ceramic Ball of Food”
- Kate Newman, Houlton High School, Grade 10, “Rainbow Falls”
- Shaina Hamilton, Houlton High School, Grade 12, “Pheonix”
- Ellea Wilson, Monmouth Middle School, Grade 8, “Maybe They’ll Just Go”
- Emilee Burton, Central High School, Grade 11, “The Younger Years”
For more information about the Maine Learning Technology Initiative, visit www.maine.gov/mlti.