The New England Institute for Teacher Education is offering a number of professional development opportunities for Maine educators this summer. College credit is awarded for each course and can be directly applied toward teacher certification or endorsement. NEI courses are designed for classroom and specialist teachers, school administrators, educational technicians and other adult learners with an interest in expanding their knowledge in the field.
Upcoming courses include the following:
- Maine Writers in the Classroom July 31-Aug. 1 and Sept. 11-12 in Stonington
- Educating Students With Add/Adhd, Pre-K-12 July 27-Aug. 17 online
- Keeping Our Kids Safe: Bullying Prevention & Intervention July 27-Aug. 17 online
- Teaching The Exceptional Child In The Regular Classroom July 20-24 in Bangor
- Teaching Students With Autism Spectrum Disorders July 20- Aug. 17 online
- Engaging Readers In A Digital Age July 16-17 and Aug. 20-21 in Bangor
- Childhood And Society: It’s A Different World Aug. 7-8 and Oct. 9-10 in Bangor
- Leadership In Arts Assessment Aug. 3-5 & 20 in Portland
For more information and a complete list of available courses please visit NEI’s website at newenglandinstitute.org.