Maine DOE is pleased to announce 27 Career and Technical Education schools will receive their share of $1 million in grant funds in FY 2016. These funds may be used for upgrading equipment needed to complete the standards, certifying programs and teachers to be able to offer Industry Recognized Credentials (IRCs) and for student skill assessments related to the mandated standards. The grant fulfills the CTE standards requirement required in Title 20-A, section 8306-B.
The funds will be distributed based on a formula which reflects student enrollment counts in CTE programs for the 2015-16 school year. The Department requires student enrollment counts be submitted through Infinite Campus State Edition by Oct. 2015.
The Department is using this grant application process as an opportunity to improve the quality of the CTE enrollment data, and we are using the October enrollment counts to ensure that grants are awarded based on accurate data and fair access is provided to the funding.
The Department has developed a CTE verification process that can be found here. For information on October student enrollment reporting click here. For help manually entering students into Infinite Campus State Edition, contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-6896.
The timeline for verifying the student count numbers is as follows:
Any time before Oct. 15:
- CTE can enter in student data as need.
- CTEs are welcomed to run the “CTE Verification Report” at any time to review student information.
- This report will provide up to the minute data within Infinite Campus State Edition.
Oct. 16 to Oct. 30:
- Run and update student data based on the “CTE Verification Report” under the ME State Reporting within Infinite Campus State Edition.
- Contact the Helpdesk if problems arise.
For additional information about the grant or Career and Technical Education, contact CTE State Director Meg Harvey at email@example.com or 624-6739.