Twenty six Career and Technical Education students were honored last month at the Lewiston Regional Technical Center’s Culinary Arts building. Each of the CTE Centers in Maine selected a “Student of The Year.” Over 200 family, friends, CTE faculty and Directors attended.
The following students received Certificates of Achievement.
- Van Buren Technology Center: Lindsey Gendreau – Nursing Assistant
- Coastal Washington County Institute of Technology, Machias: Courtney Kafka – Culinary Arts
- Houlton Region Two: Mariah Boyd – Law Enforcement
- Presque Isle Regional Technology Center: Kile Ryder – Building Trades
- St. Croix Regional Technical Center, Calais: Caitlin Reynolds – Culinary Arts
- Oxford Hills Technical School: Jared Hall – Building Construction Technology
- Biddeford Regional Center of Technology: Jessica Paterson – Intro to Medical Science
- Tri-County Technical Center, Dexter: Arielle Carlow – Graphic Design and Communication
- Sanford Regional Technical Center: Kyle Stimpson – Health Occupations
- Brunswick Region Ten Technical High School: Spencer Wodatch – Early Childhood Education
- Bath Regional Career & Technical Center: Brycson Grover – Carpentry
- Caribou Regional Technology Center: Ryan Tourk – Welding, Health & Medical, Criminal Justice, Computer Electronics
- Westbrook Regional Vocational Center: Wei-How Huang – Drafting
- United Technology Center Bangor: Kaarie Burns – Building Construction
- Region 9 School of Technology, Mexico: Blair Stevens – Certified Nursing Assistant
- Somerset Career and Technical Center, Skowhegan: Samantha Mello – Early Childhood Education
- Portland Arts & Technology High School: Jacob Cooper – Music
- Waldo County Technical Center: Caitlin Hathaway – Graphic Design
- Hancock County Technical Center, Ellsworth: Connor Petros – Media Communications
- Mid-Coast School of Technology, Rockland: Jacob Murphy – Machine Tool, Welding and Fabrication
- Lewiston Regional Technical Center: Isaac Kabuika – Information Technology
- Lake Region Vocational Center: Kaytlyn Terry – Culinary Arts
- Mid Maine Technical Center, Waterville: Hillary Libby – Construction Technology
- Foster Technology Center, Farmington: Mitchell Guillaume – Biotechnology and Composite Manufacturing
- Northern Penobscot Tech Region III, Lincoln: Nikkol Mulligan – Culinary Arts
- Capital Area Technical Center, Augusta: Michaela Rice – Certified Nursing Assistant
State Director of Career and Technical Education Meg Harvey was the keynote speaker at this year’s event and Director of Lake Region Vocational Center Rosie Schacht was the emcee. A great meal was served by the Lewiston Regional Technical Center Culinary Arts students.
Winners of a random draw of a $1,000 Maine Administrators Career and Technical Education (MACTE) scholarship were Conner Petros of Hancock County Technical Center, Ellsworth and Isaac Kabuika of Lewiston Regional Technical Center. Students can use these funds for anything educational related including tools.
For more information about Career and Technical Education at Maine’s 27 regions and centers click here.