Connecting Mathematics Instruction to Support Student Engagement and Understanding: Digging into the Content K-12
Michele Mailhot, Maine DOE Mathematics Specialist
Cheryl Tobey, Maine DOE Mathematics Specialist
These two full-day sessions will focus on the K-12 progression of learning within given topics.
During these sessions participants will:
- develop an understanding of how students’ knowledge and skills develop over time
- investigate the learning progressions within the K-12 standards
- connect the mathematics teaching practices to support instructional strategy choices
- try related instructional strategies in their classrooms
- bring back student work to examine
- identify student and teacher indicators of practice
Participants are encouraged to have copies of:
- Principles to Actions: Ensuring Mathematics Success for All
- Accessible Mathematics: 10 Instructional Shifts That Raise Student Achievement
Participants will be provided a copy of the following for their indicated grade span (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and high school):
Cost: $155.00 per person which includes coffee, lunch, and materials. Registration and full payment is required prior to attendance at the first session. Payments must be received by December 16, 2016. No Purchase Orders Accepted.
Use this link to sign up for a session closest to you!
An email confirmation will be sent within a week of receiving your payment. Confirmed registrations are nonrefundable.
Make checks payable to: Treasurer, State of Maine
Mail payment to:
Maine Department of Education
Attn: Carole King
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
Time: Registration and coffee begins at 8:00, Session: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
|Presque Isle, Northern Maine Community College, 33 Edgemont Drive||Wednesday: January 25, 2017
Tuesday: May 2, 2017
|Brewer, Jeff’s Catering, 15 Littlefield Road||Friday: January 27, 2017
Thursday: May 4, 2017
|Saco, Ramada Inn, 352 North Street||Tuesday: January 31, 2017
Wednesday: April 26, 2017
|Farmington, UMF, 111 South Street (North Dining Hall)||Thursday: February 2, 2017
Friday: April 28, 2017