Please note – a third and fourth opportunity have been added to those originally held in October in order to accommodate all interested in attending
The Maine Department of Education’s Special Services Division will be providing a professional development opportunity for special education related Education Technicians. There is no cost to the registrant for these opportunities. Registration is now open for these two one-day training modules for both the Nov. 30 and Dec. 7 venue:
- November 30, 2016 at the Governor Hill Mansion, 136 State Street, Augusta, ME 04330
Registration has been re-opened for registration to attend the Nov. 30th event only. Please use this link to register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ET_PD_Nov2016
- December 7 (snow date December 8th) at the University of Maine Presque Isle, 181 Main Street, Presque Isle, ME 04769
Please use the following link to register to attend the Dec. 7th event only: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ET_PD_2016
Registration will begin at 8:00 and the agenda runs from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with a working lunch provided at 11:30.
The day’s agenda will include guest speakers’ input on the following discussions:
- What is my responsibility in implementing an Individualized Education Program (IEP);
- Core characteristics of ASD, ED and OHI;
- Implementing educational and behavioral accommodations;
- Using prompting, chaining, task analysis reinforcement and visual supports;
- What is a Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP); and,
- Where do you go from here?
This professional development opportunity is funded via the Maine State Personnel Development Grant. Please direct questions regarding this opportunity to Sheryl Banden at 624-6658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.