Due to extenuating circumstances this series has been cancelled.
The Dine and Discuss series for new teachers and their mentors is designed to provide professional learning that builds fundamental instructional skills of new teachers. Note: New teachers are defined as teachers in their first two years of teaching who have assigned mentors. Each session in the 3-part series will have a specific focus.
January Focus: Formative Assessment
Sessions goals are as follows:
- Increase the integration of foundational strategies into ongoing daily classroom instructional practices
- Build peer networking communities throughout the State
- Introduce a statewide, online support platform to facilitate ongoing dialogue between new and more experienced teachers
- Highlight teacher leaders and build a resource bank statewide to deliver professional learning
- Develop a video resource bank of topics with supporting materials from each of the regional sessions
Registration fee: $25 per person per session and includes dinner. Registration is now open for the January session. New teachers are invited to come with or without their mentors. If your mentor cannot be there, we will group you together with other participating mentors. Please register to secure your spot (below) as we have limited space.
Payment: Credit card only, use the individual event registration links below.
Topics for future sessions may include: backward design, goal focused planning, classroom management strategies, time management in the classroom, family engagement, and instructional strategies. Additional topics will be determined by follow up feedback surveys and input from the field.
If a larger location is necessary to accommodate more participants in subsequent sessions, locations may be changed.
|Location / Registration Links||January Session|
|The Green Ladle, Lewiston||January 16, 2018|
|Bangor High School, Bangor||January 17, 2018|
|University of Maine – Presque Isle||January 23, 2018|
|University of Maine – Machias||January 24, 2018|
|University of Southern Maine, Portland||January 31, 2018|
Workshop Contact: Peggy Pisini, Acting Educator Effectiveness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 624-6748.