This notice is one of four priority notices being sent to district and school administrators on 10/24/18 regarding proposed major substantive rules that have been filed with the secretary of the State of Maine on this day (Rule Chapters: 101, 115, 122 and 132). Please share this notice with all interested parties.
The Maine Department of Education is seeking public comment regarding proposed revisions to Rule Chapter 122, Grant Application and Award Procedure: Fund for the Efficient Delivery of Educational Services.
The proposed revisions will:
- Provide clarification by connecting language in rule to Title 20-A M.R.S. §2651
- Correct statutory citations throughout
- Provide clarification on project design, objectives, and sustainability
- Revise programmatic criteria for evaluating grant applications
- Add budget criteria for evaluating grant applications
- Include clarification regarding consensus scoring
- Refine the method of scoring proposals
- Provide clarification regarding the eligibility for subsequent grants
- Rename the Division of Purchases the Division of Procurement Services
Find the details for proposed changes for Rule Chapter 122 on the Maine DOE Proposed Rule & Rule Changes webpage (proposed rules are listed in order by rule number).
Public Hearing Information for Rule Chapter 122:
November 14, 2018 from 3:00 – 4:30 pm
Cross State Office Building, 111 Sewall Street, Augusta, room 501.
People wishing to speak will be asked to sign in and, preferably, provide two written copies of their comments. Anyone unable to attend the public hearing may send written comments.
Comment Period Deadline: 5 pm on November 26th, 2018.
Comments can be submitted to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Chapter 122 – Comments” or mailed to Maine Department of Education, Attn: Jennifer Pooler/Deb Lajoie, 23 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333.
For more information on proposed changes to Rule 122, contact Regionalization Project Manager Jennifer Pooler at Jennifer.email@example.com or Regionalization Coordinator Deb Lajoie at Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org.