The Maine Department of Education will continue its series of webinars focused on implementing the Common Core state standards in a June 22 session focused on mathematics.
The webinar, called “Issues of Alignment,” will explore what it means to align instruction to the standards and suggest methods for determining the degree of alignment in a particular classroom or school.
The session, delivered by Maine Department of Education mathematics specialist Michele Mailhot, will offer resources supporting curriculum work and the transition to a new set of academic standards.
Participants should have a copy of the Common Core state standards during the session. The math standards are available by clicking here.
The webinar begins at 3 p.m. and is expected to last 30 to 45 minutes. The session will be recorded.
The Maine Legislature officially adopted the Common Core standards and Gov. Paul LePage signed them into law earlier this spring. Schools are expected to implement the standards by the 2014-15 academic year.
- Click here to participate in the June 15 webinar using Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro Meeting.
- Click here for detailed instructions on participating.
Resources and more information
- Michele Mailhot, mathematics specialist
Maine Department of Education
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- Common Core professional development for math teachers