The Maine Department of Education wants school districts to join the conversation about what data the Department should collect and how best to collect it.
To do so, the Department’s data management team is inviting interested representatives from Maine school districts to participate in team meetings using Adobe Connect.
The data management team includes staff members overseeing all program areas at the Department of Education. Its goals are to:
- Ensure data produced and distributed will be reliable and consistent across all educational entities;
- Minimize the data collection and reporting burden on local education agencies and the Department of Education;
- Reduce or eliminate duplicate data collections;
- Ensure compliance with state and federal privacy regulations;
- Increase access to and use of data; and
- Coordinate the Department’s data collection efforts with other appropriate state and federal offices and agencies.
The data management team meets the third Tuesday of every month from 1 to 4 p.m. The next meeting takes place Aug. 16.
Meeting agendas and instructions for participating remotely will be posted online before each meeting at http://maine.gov/education/data/management/.
For more information, contact Education Data Manager Brian Snow at email@example.com.