The Maine Department of Education will begin withholding October subsidy payments from school units that are missing any one of three financial reports that were due in late August and mid-September.
The reports are:
- MEDMS Financials FY 11 Year-End, Annual expenditures, revenues, and balance sheet transactions, due Aug. 25, 2011
- MEDMS Financials FY 12 Budget, Summary of Approved General Fund Budget & Report of School Appropriations, due Aug. 25, 2011
- Special Education Tuition Report EF-S-07, due Sept. 16, 2011
If a school unit can submit the reports by Oct. 20, the Department will not withhold the October subsidy payment. MEDMS Financial uploads are not considered received until the file submission is completed (signed by the superintendent) and in migrated status.
If a school unit cannot meet the Oct. 20 deadline, the superintendent will need to send a written extension request to Deputy Commissioner Jim Rier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Joanne Allen at email@example.com.
The extension request must have the following information:
- The reason for the request.
- A date certain when the missing data will be submitted.
- A statement of cash flow to demonstrate a detrimental impact of withholding subsidy.
School unit administrators can visit the Missing Reports page at the following link to determine which forms they still need to submit: http://portalx.bisoex.state.me.us/pls/doe/eddev.formscheckin.search_missing_reports