ATOMIM, the Association of Teachers of Mathematics in Maine, will be holding a series of “Dine and Discuss” events on the topic of Algebra readiness.
This series is aimed at helping teachers of grades 3 through 7 understand how to prepare their students for success in algebra, provide opportunities for building algebraic thinking, generate ideas for interventions and assessment strategies, and connect to the Common Core Mathematics Standards and Practices.
Upcoming sessions are planned for:
- Jan 5, 2012, 4 pm | University of Maine, Presque Isle – Campus Center, Allagash Room
- Jan 23, 2012 4 pm| Lyman Moore Middle School, Portland
- Jan 26, 2012 4 pm | Wentworth Intermediate School, Scarborough
- Feb 9, 2012 4 pm | Oxford Elementary School, Oxford
Note: The following event listings were added Jan. 23, 2012.
- March 1, 2012: 4 p.m. | Indian Island School, Indian Island
- March 12, 2012: 4 p.m. | Lura Libby School, Thomaston
For more information and to register, visit the ATOMIM website.
2 thoughts on “ATOMIM offers Algebra readiness discussion series”
Catherine – I just got word that a Bangor-area event is scheduled for Feb. 27 at Hampden Academy from 4 to 7 p.m. More information available at: http://bit.ly/xRd4Q3
Any thoughts of hosting one in Bangor area?