Fiscal Year 2012-13 subsidy is available when districts contract school bus refurbishment by August 31, 2012.
Typically, districts receive subsidy during the fiscal year following the contract. However, contracts signed during August 2012 will receive subsidy in the current fiscal year. Subsidy details are available on the Maine DOE Transportation website.
The Maine Military Authority will send superintendents an email about the program extension soon.
Resources and more information
- For questions regarding program application, approval and subsidy:
School Facilities/Transportation Consultant
Maine Department of Education
- For questions regarding program inspection, contract and service:
Maine Military Authority
- School bus refurbishment pilot program subsidy now available
- Governor’s order creates bus refurbishment program
- School Bus Refurbishment Pilot Program website