The Maine Department of Education is seeking qualified grant reviewers for its upcoming 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) competitive grant application process. We are seeking grant readers who possess the following criteria:
- After-school experience and knowledge in after-school programming and/or community-based programming that serves school-age students;
- Previous grant-reading experience;
- 21st CCLC experience and knowledge; and
- Program management and experience with schools and districts
Reviewers will be required to:
- Participate in a training webinar scheduled for Nov. 29, 2012.
- Review/read grant applications through a web-based system from Nov. 30 through Dec. 9, 2012. Access to a computer with internet capability will be necessary.
- Participate on site for consensus scoring at the Maine DOE, Dec. 10 & 11, 2012.
- Submit final scores and comments by 2 p.m., Dec. 12, 2012.
Overview of 21st CCLC Program
The 21st CCLC program supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools. The program helps students meet state and local student standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and math; offers students a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement their regular academic programs; and offers literacy and other educational services to the families of participating children.
Compensation for Services
An honorarium will be provided, and all travel costs will be reimbursed.
How to apply
By Nov. 26, 2012, 5 p.m., please send a copy of your resume to the address listed below and complete the application via survey monkey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/21cclc
For questions: email, fax, or mail to the name and address below:
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333