The U.S.-China Teachers Exchange Program, now in its 17th year, sends American K-12 teachers to China and brings Chinese secondary school teachers to the United States to spend a year teaching language and culture.
American educators teach in Chinese secondary schools; Chinese work in American elementary, middle and high schools. The exchange program provides the teachers a unique opportunity to improve their own language and teaching skills; deepen their understanding of another culture; and share new curriculum, pedagogy and experiences in their home classrooms upon their return.
The program is generously funded by the Yihai Education Foundation. More information, including application instructions, is available on the program’s website. Candidates must submit their applications by March 15.
- Be a native English speaker
- Have a bachelor’s degree or beyond
- Have a full-time teaching position in the U.S.
- Have at least five years of teaching experience
- Attend a six-day pre-departure orientation in early or mid-July
- Be willing to spend the academic year in China (from late August to late June)