Update, April 30: See Corrected ED279s posted for some districts
Beginning with the April subsidy checks, General Purpose Aid for Local Schools will reflect adjustments for MaineCare Seed payments by the Maine DOE made on behalf of school administrative units in Quarter 1 (July through September 2012) and Quarter 2 (October through December 2012) for students at Special Purpose Private Schools and at public schools (attending school administrative unit).
To ensure accurate adjustments to subsidy, school administrative units must review student-by-student reports, for Quarter 1 and Quarter 2, no later than May 15, 2013.
Detailed student reports are now available in Infinite Campus (State Edition) – see instructions below.
Questions on Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 report(s)
Please direct all questions regarding these reports to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you disagree with a charge for a particular student or time period, please include the following:
- Student’s State Student ID
- Service Provided Dates (To and From)
- If you disagree with the charge, please provide the reason that you disagree with the charge along with supporting evidence. Should this inquiry result in a change to the subsidy adjustment, the revision will be reflected in later monthly subsidy checks.
Instructions for accessing and reviewing MaineCare reports:
The detailed MaineCare Seed payment reports are now available in Infinite Campus (State Edition). The following Infinite Campus roles will have access to these reports:
- SAU District Admin
- SAU District Admin (Read Only)
- SpecEdAdmin (Read Only)
To access and open the report(s)
- Log into Infinite Campus (State Edition) (If you have multiple SAUs, each individual SAU must be logged into separately)
- Choose the “Index” tab
- Select ME State Reporting
- Select MaineCare Reports
- Select either “MaineCare Private School Payments” for special purpose private schools and “MaineCare Public School Payments” for public schools
- Select Date Processed
- Q113 is for MaineCare Seed payments with a paid dates in July, August and September 2012
- Q213 is for MaineCare Seed payments with a paid dates in October, November and December 2012
- Click “Generate Report”
This will create an Excel spreadsheet of the report selected and will bring up a dialog box that will ask if you want to open or save the file.
- If you choose open, it will open the report as an Excel spreadsheet, which you can print or save.
- If you choose save, it will bring up the “Save As” dialog box, and you can save it to a folder on your computer or network.
Select columns on report
- Billing Provider Name – this is the name of the Special Purpose Private School or SAU billing MaineCare
- MaineCare Seed Amount – State Share Amount Prof – this is the amount of MaineCare Seed/Match that the Maine Department of Education (DOE) has advanced to the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) on your SAU’s behalf. This is the amount that the DOE will recapture by adjusting your SAU’s State subsidy:
- ED 279 Line 59E “Less MaineCare Seed – Private” will be for recovering MaineCare Seed paid on behalf of your SAU’s students at Special Purpose Private Schools.
- ED 279 Line 59E “Less MaineCare Seed – Public” will be for recovering MaineCare Seed paid on behalf of students that were billed for by your SAU.
Note: The amounts on the 2012-13 ED279 Line 59E will include adjustments for Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 as well as previous adjustments applied last November.
Review of the Report
Please review the report to determine the following:
- That your school administrative unit(s) was fiscally responsible for the student (resident student) at the time that the services were provided. Services provided dates are in columns “Service From Date” to “Service To Date”
- That the services and amount of services that were billed for are accurate for the student and time period
Determination of Resident SAU for SPPS (private) MaineCare payments
The resident SAU was determined by matching students (and time of services) in the MaineCare Seed billing with enrollments submitted to Infinite Campus (State Edition) by SAUs and Special Purpose Private Schools. To ensure accuracy, we encourage the SAUs to regularly review the Out-of-District Placement report for their SAU(s) in Infinite Campus (State Edition).
Determination of Attending SAU for public MaineCare payments
The attending SAU was determined by matching students (and time of services) in the MaineCare Seed billing with enrollments submitted to Infinite Campus (State Edition) by SAUs and private schools. In cases where the student’s attending school is a private school then the payments were applied to the resident SAU. To ensure accuracy, we encourage the SAUs to regularly review the Out-of-District Placement report for their SAU(s) in Infinite Campus (State Edition).
We have found that a number of students were provided services during the summer. If the student was a resident of your SAU during those months, your SAU is still fiscally responsible for the MaineCare Seed as this is considered an extended school year for these students. Students in extended school years should be enrolled during these periods to ensure accurate adjustments.
- Suzan Beaudoin