Maine’s top Career & Technical Education students were honored as students of the year recently at a ceremony at the Lewiston Regional Technical Center.
Each of the 26 students were presented with an award certificate and four received scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each at the event sponsored by the Maine Administrators of Career & Technical Education (MACTE).
The following students were recognized as CTE students of the year.
- Van Buren: Bradlee Roy – Business
- Westbrook Regional Vocational Center: April Cummings – Medical Occupations
- United Technology Center: Morgan Harvey – Public Safety
- Coastal Washington County Institute of Technology: Dakota Robinson – Culinary Arts
- Bath Regional Career & Technical Center: Charles Mills II – Automotives
- Tri-County Technical Center: Georgia Charles – Building Trades
- Waldo County Technical Center: Amanda Schiessl – Culinary Arts
- Sanford Regional Technical Center: Kayley Sanborn – Health Occupations
- Capital Area Technical Center: Courtney Cotnoir – Law Enforcement Academy
- Presque Isle Regional Career & Technical Center: Shannon Sweeney – Business Technology / Photography
- Caribou Regional Technology Center: Caleb Gordon – Residential Construction II & Large Equipment Maintenance and Operation
- Somerset Career & Technical Center: Logan Merrill – Welding / Electrical Construction / Residential Construction
- Oxford Hills Technical School: Connor Gordon – Computer Technology
- St. Croix Regional technical Center: Quinn Sluzenski – Computer Electronics
- Region Two – Southern Aroostook County: Emily McAfee – Early Childhood
- Hancock County Technical Center: Simon French – Media Communications
- Region Ten Technical High School: Kohen Steele – Auto Collision Repair
- Portland Arts & Technology High School: Isaiah Merrill – Carpentry
- Foster Technology Center: Shula Yeaton – Certified Nursing Assistant
- Mid-Maine Technical Center: Molly Moen – Construction Technology
- Region 9 School of Applied Technology: Jeremy Grignon – Forestry
- Lewiston Regional Technical Center: Michelle Walton – Automotive Technology II
- Northern Penobscot Tech Region III: Reilly Struck – Culinary Arts
- Biddeford Regional Center of Technology: Benjamin J. Simard – Auto Mechanics
- Lake Region Vocational Center: Chance Gallant – Fire Science
- Mid-Coast School of Technology: Devon Mank – Machine Tool
If you have questions regarding career and technical education in Maine or would like technical assistance, please contact Maine DOE CTE Consultant Shawn Lagasse at email@example.com or 207-624-6743.