The following Priority Notice was sent to school administrative units on Monday, Jan. 11.
Maine DOE is informing districts of upcoming training workshops to prepare for the 2016 Maine Educational Assessment for Mathematics and English Language Arts/Literacy. In-person trainings are for grades 3-8 (eMPower™ME) and 3rd year high school (SAT). Dates and locations are as follows:
- Monday 2/8/16 – University Maine, Machias
- Tuesday 2/9/16 – Hilton Garden Inn, Bangor
- Wednesday 2/10/16 – Augusta Civic Center, Augusta
- Thursday 2/11/16 – Sable Oaks Marriott, South Portland
All four workshops include a morning session (8:30-11:30 a.m.) for eMPower™ME for grades 3-8 and an afternoon session (1:00-3:30 p.m.) for SAT/3rd year high school.
- Morning session: Two person limit per district allowed for eMPower™ME for grades 3-8. Maine DOE recommends one District Assessment Coordinator and one Technology (IT) Coordinator.
- Afternoon session: Two person limit per district allowed for SAT. Maine DOE recommends one SAT Test Center Supervisor and one additional designee.
Online registration will begin the week of Jan. 11 and will be made available through a link on the professional development and training web page here www.maine.gov/doe/assessment/math-ela/training/. A calendar is available at www.maine.gov/doe/assessment/math-ela/calendar/ and is updated as new events are scheduled. District and school-level test administrators are encouraged to subscribe to the MEA listserve to receive updates. For questions or additional information please contact Maine DOE’s Assessment Coordinator Nancy Godfrey at email@example.com.