Twenty student artists will have an audience of more than 70,000 students and educators for their artwork starting this fall.
More than 125 Maine students submitted images to be considered for the Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI) Screensaver Challenge. An independent panel of three judges used a rubric to score each image and select the winners.
The selected student artists will have their work showcased on MLTI devices for the 2016 -17 school year. They will also have their registration fees waived for the 2016 MLTI Student Conference and their winning pieces displayed at the Augusta offices of the Maine DOE from June 1 through August 31.
The selected students are listed below. Their artwork is available for viewing on the MLTI website at http://maine.gov/doe/mlti/student/artchallenge/index.html
- “I Spy,” Haydn LaDeau, Deer Isle Stonington High School, Grade 12
- “Moshier Island w/Fog,” Maximo Steverlynck-Horne, Freeport Middle School, Grade 8
- “Pensive,” Ruth Metcalf, Middle School of the Kennebunks, Grade 7
- “Horsepower,” Ryan Bent, Mount Desert Island High School, Grade 11
- “Playin the Blues,” Cory Richards, Mount Desert Island High School, Grade 10
- “Polygons,” Dana Clarito, Mount Desert Island High School, Grade 12
- “The Singularity,” Dante DesVeaux, Mount Desert Island High School, Grade 10
- “Connections,” Sophia DeSchiffart, Narraguagus High School, Grade 10
- “Spider Lake Perspective,” Cassidy Osgood, Narraguagus High School, Grade 12
- “We Have Takeoff,” Bobbi Grant, Southern Aroostook Community School, Grade 9
- “Cherries,” Nicholas David, Freeport High School, Grade 11
- “Elephant,” Lauren Briggs, Freeport High School, Grade 12
- “Fall,” Ella Russell, Freeport High School, Grade 12
- “Piano Tree,” Perrin Davidson, Freeport High School, Grade 11
- “Dance,” Victoria Holmes, Houlton High School, Grade 11
- “Harley,” Abby Fore, Houlton High School, Grade 12
- “Ocean Breeze,” Taylor Fitzpatrick, Houlton Middle School, Grade 6
- “Ereri,” Ciara Huggins, Lake Region Middle School, Grade 7
- “Owl Maraca,,” Jillian Whitney, Lake Region Middle School, Grade 7
- “Stormy Seas,” Michael Smith, United Technology Center, Grade 12
For more information about the Maine Learning Technology Initiative, visit www.maine.gov/doe/mlti.