The Maine Department of Education’s Aspirations Program provides eligible Maine high school students with an opportunity to receive academic credits toward both a high school diploma as well as an associate- or baccalaureate-level degree through enrollment and successful completion of college-level courses at approved Maine institutions.
Public high school and home schooled students may be considered eligible to participate if they meet the following:
- The student is a first or second year student (freshman or sophomore) with a minimum high school grade point average of at least a 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0), or the equivalent of a “B” average, or, in lieu of a 3.0, they are recommended for participation by a school unit’s administration; OR the student is a third or fourth year student (junior or senior);
- The eligible institution has determined that the student has satisfactorily completed any course prerequisites;
- The school unit approves;
- The student’s parent or caregiver approves; and
- The eligible institution has space available for the secondary student.