The Maine Department of Education’s Aspirations Program provides eligible Maine high school students with an opportunity to receive academic credits toward both a high school diploma as well as an associate- or baccalaureate-level degree through enrollment and successful completion of college-level courses at approved Maine institutions.
Public high school and home schooled students may be considered eligible to participate if they meet the following:
- The student is a first or second year student (freshman or sophomore) with a minimum high school grade point average of at least a 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0), or the equivalent of a “B” average, or, in lieu of a 3.0, they are recommended for participation by a school unit’s administration; OR the student is a third or fourth year student (junior or senior);
- The eligible institution has determined that the student has satisfactorily completed any course prerequisites;
- The school unit approves;
- The student’s parent or caregiver approves; and
- The eligible institution has space available for the secondary student.
Visit the Aspirations Program Student Eligibility website for further requirements. More details of the program are available on the Aspirations Program webpage.