The EF-S-214 will be open to Maine public schools on March 13. The report must be approved by the School Finance Team by April 15 to be used in the calculation for an adjustment. School districts should sign into the report as early as possible, as some aspects of the report have changed. Starting this year, the business manager will have to certify that the figures reported by the Special Education office are consistent with the data in the school district financial system.
This report is required to be submitted by all publically funded school districts. School districts need to project the costs for the full fiscal year. Only costs for tuition and board should be included in the report. For Fiscal Year 2017 only students that have a total cost above $31,548 should be included on the report. Those districts that have no students who meet that threshold are still required to submit a report.
We have made some changes for this year:
- Students can have multiple lines if they have had more than one placement during the year
- School districts will now have the option to see a summary sheet that will provide them the total adjustment if all costs are approved
- An internal messaging system has been added if there are any questions
- The form will auto-populate the school district contact based on information in the staff module and the person filling out the form based on the login information
- The form will need to be certified by the business manager
The report can be located by logging into NEO at https://neo.maine.gov/DOE/NEO/Accounts/Account/Login
Questions about the report should be direct to Stephanie Clark at 624-6807.